Derek Chauvin, the Police officer charged with the murder of George Floyd, has been released from jail after posting a $1 million bond.
Chauvin had been jailed at the maximum security Oak Park Heights, Minnesota prison awaiting a March 8 trial in the death of George Floyd.
The former Minneapolis police officer posted his bail on Wednesday and was released from prison.
The Department of Corrections confirmed that Derek Chauvin was no longer in custody at the state’s facility in Oak Park Heights after he posted $1-million bond.
George Floyd, a Black man in handcuffs, died May 25 after Derek Chauvin, pressed his knee against Floyd’s neck for several minutes.
Floyd’s death was captured in a bystander video, which served as the stimulus for worldwide protests.
Chauvin and three other officers, who were seen as accomplices, were fired. Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder and other crimes; Thomas Lane, J. Kueng and Tou Thao are charged with aiding and abetting the crime.
The other three officers previously posted bail amounts of $750,000 and have been set free pending trial.
for the meantime, all four men are scheduled to face trial together in March 2021, but the judge is weighing a request to have them tried separately.
Most Read Stories on Unkleaboki
- What happened in Llamo Death Video? (Killer of popular vlogger Lamu executed)
- Watch Anjali Arora MMS Viral Video Leak
- Travis the Chimp Mauling (What happened in Travis Chimp video 2009)
- Are Jules and Jayden dating? (LEAKED JULES LEBLANC & JAYDEN BARTELS SMOKING and kissing)
- Videos: OnlyFans model Bhad bhabie age 19 yrs (Bhad bhabie Instagram)
- Watch: Jack Fenton helicopter blade death video