Weird News of the Day: A Short List of Weird Phobias and uncommon fears
Weird Phobia is a psychological issue in our world today. It is a disorder and could be treated and overcame over time.
Naturally, we all have our fears. But in the case of weird phobia, the fear of something or a phenomena is pushed to the weirdest and most unusual extremes.
Many People have extreme or morbid fear over one thing or the other. Phobia is the term given to such fear of something.
One could tag it as weird phobia when the fear is taken to the most bizarre, strangest limits.
Sometimes this fear stems from past experiences, hearsay, rumors, myths passed down from one generation to another, or an unexplainable terror over that phenomenon.
Phobia could result in many negative consequences such as constant terror, sleeplessness, paranoid behavior, and so on.
What is the rarest weird phobia in the world?
Allodoxaphobia is the most weird phobia. An extremely unique phobia, allodoxaphobia is used to define the anxiety of opinions and viewpoints.
The phobia is understood to be linked previous encounters wherein the sufferer has not been able to properly express their sentiments, or has had their opinion dismissed.
A List of Unusual and Weird Phobias
Here are some of the most unusual and weird phobias in our world today:
- Ephebiphobia: The fear of youths.
- Xanthophobia – fear of the color yellow.
- Ergasiophobia: The fear of work.
- Elurophobia- fear of cheese.
- Phronemophobia: The fear of thinking
- Somniphobia- fear of falling asleep.
- Neophobia: The fear of newness.
- Coulrophobia – fear of clowns.
- Anthophobia: The fear of flowers.
- Vestiphobia: The fear of clothing.
- Hylophobia- fear of trees.
- Omphalophobia- fear of the navel.
- Nomophobia- fear of being out mobile phone coverage.
- Ombrophobia- fear of rain.
- Optophobia: The fear of opening one’s eyes.
- Pteronophobia: The fear of being tickled by feathers.